Friday 22 April 2016

It's Friday

0
Ever have one of those weeks?
This week for me there have been a few things that would normally capture my mind and get me to dwell too much on them, troubles that darken the mood. (I'm not winjing, so don't ask me about them. this is all setting the background for a great verse).

On Sunday last week the prominent verse that was repeated quite a few times was:

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God for you."
(1 Thess 5:16-18)

At the beginning of the week it was fresh in my mind and held me each time something came along to hit. But in truth, as the week has went on it has faded bit by bit each day from my mind. But so have the problems of the early part of the week. They were dealt with then with a commitment to rejoice in the Lord, pray and give thanks even for them. Now on friday those issues are still there, but are being dealt with.

I'm sure there's more blows to be felt just around the corner - this is life and sometimes just seems that way but you know what? We can get up and move on rather than wallowing in them, we can trust Jesus and refresh our minds in His Word.

And lets face it, even when the blows rain heavy, there are treasures to be enjoyed; like our families, like friends, like food, like hobbies and most of Jesus!
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: