Thursday 31 July 2008

An Open Letter to Jesus

0
Here's an extract from a poem that we could all probably pray from our hearts. I know that as I read it I wondered if it had been written for me.

"There are so many things that I just love to blame
for my recurring failures day after day;
like tiredness, and circumstances; like TV and the world
but deep down they’re just excuses to make me feel OK.
And there’s always some magical date in the future -
of my mind when my life will get right,
but it never arrives – and things just continue
as they’ve always been, night after night.
Recently Lord, I’ve considered the option
that I might not be even be saved,
How could a Christian continue to fall;
could Your child have a mind so depraved?
But I keep coming back from those frightening thoughts
to the verses I learnt in my youth;
believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved,
for I know Lord that Your Word is truth."


Read the whole Poem
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: