Thursday 13 December 2007

Random Ramblings

0
There are many conversations and discussions in which people say some great phrases, give some good advice, insight or just say something interesting. Unfortunately many of these are lost throughout the day. I've decided to begin a new feature on Homileo which I'm calling "Random Ramblings", in which (if I remember them or write them down) I'll post these here.

To begin with Gary Bolton and I were chatting today about the fascination that our culture has with looking good and particularly with dieting. This was sparked by my own beginnings of a diet with weight watchers, but Gary Bolton said a couple of great gems within the overall discussion;

"We're a society consumed with physical appearance and concern over our appearance to others, what if people could easily see your spiritual state as readily as your physical one?"

Putting on weight is like growing spiritually cold - you don't just wake up some morning suddenly in that state - it is a result of gradual neglect."
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: