Friday 25 October 2013

Be Reasonable

0
We all know Philippians 4:4
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say rejoice."

But what of the next verse?
"Let your reasonableness be known to everyone."
Here's what the ESV study Bible has to say on this:
"Reasonableness is crucial for maintaining community; it is the disposition that seeks what is best for everyone and not just for oneself."
The question here is Am I reasonable, even when my nose gets put out of joint and decisions made by others affect me in ways I don't like. Do I fly off the handle & sulk or do I still conduct myself in a reasonable manner with those around. When facing injustice does graciousness & humility encompass me instead of retaliation?

I know I have a lot of repenting and work to do in this arena of being reasonable towards others . . .
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: