Monday 18 July 2011

Sing

0

Devotional Singing
In 'Note To Self' Joe Thorn asks whether we sing outside the Church service. Do we sing in private?
In considering this i can look back to a time when i sang, sang and sang. I didn't really sing in church because my voice is woeful but at home, in the car, or at work i felt free to belt it out. I can even remember when i worked alongside Gary Bolton on the Muller and we (more arguably he) penned some songs and hymns to sing as we worked.

Recently i haven't really been singing that much, sure i belt it out in church now, but in private, in the car or at work . . . Nah.

This is worrying
Singing is one of the marks or signs of being Spirit filled (Eph 5:19), and the absence of it may signify a lack of the Spirit's fullness in my life. But the answer isn't to simply sing, it is to sing by the Spirit and from the heart. So it is a filling of the Spirit of Christ that is needed if I/we are going to sing out praises to God and to each other.

"Lord restore unto me the joy of Your salvation and renew a right Spirit within me."



Further contemplation: God's Will (And being Spirit Filled)
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: