Friday 9 October 2009

Good Works

0
"In the same way, let your light shine

before others, so that they may see

your good works and give glory to

your Father who is in heaven."



Matthew 5:16




In the above text we see that good works are not for our own exaltation, boasting, pride or glory. Rather they are to be lights that cause others to marvel at Christ & praise God.


In relation to good works i love this quote by John Bunyan:

“If you find me short in things, impute that to my love of brevity. If you find me besides the truth in anything, impute that to my infirmity. But if you find anything here that serves to your furtherance and joy of the faith, impute that to the mercy of God bestowed on you and me. Yours to serve you with what little I have.”
John Bunyan (Works, 1:336).



Now that's a banner to hold up as we seek to serve, use gifts, and do good works etc. . .
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: