Monday 11 May 2009

What's Your Experience of Jesus?

3

As we read the Gospel accounts of Jesus it becomes clear that there are many people who have very different experiences of Jesus. Even those He healed are healed in many various ways, one of the most unique healings is in Mark 7:31-37 when Jesus heals a deaf man who also had a speech impediment by sticking his fingers in his ears & after spitting touches his tongue, then says 'Ephphatha' (Be opened) and the man is healed.

In other occasions Jesus speaks, touches, is touched, tells them to go a bathe and the list goes on. On some occasions He tells the people to tell others & on others He forbids them from telling others.

Which leads to one conclusion: that everyone's experience of Jesus is different as He deals with each one of us in very unique ways.

So I thought i'd ask readers of this blog if they would kindly share, in the comments, their own experience of Jesus in their lives. (I may also post these on the main blog if you don't mind).


*The above was provoked by David Dunlops message on Mark 7&8
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your comment over at our blog this morning, and thanks for the work you are doing here - really enjoy your thoughts and those of the people you are linking to.

I think I'd group my experience of Jesus into a few different areas:

My primary experience - He loves me, He died for me, He arrested my soul, He gave me new life, He granted me faith.

My ongoing experience - He loves me, He sustains me, He forgives me, He understands me, He magnifies His glory through me, He steadies me, He earthes me, He humbles me, He transcends me.

My present experience - He is making His eternal, beautiful, constant, ineffable strength perfect through my repeated, inherent, manifest weakness.

My testimony - He is everything, I am nothing, His is the glory.

Boaly said...

Thanks for your encouragement!

That is a brilliant way of grouping this. I absolutely love it, however it causes me to miss your old blog 'Doubleusefulness'.

Can i post your comment on the main page?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gary. By all means put this in a post for what its worth.
Blessings.
A