Wednesday 23 July 2008

Don't Worry!

0
I'm planning to go and see Dark Knight on Thursday so I stuck Batman Begins on last night as a refresher & excitement builder. One scene in it stuck out to me as a great portrait of faith. It is after the fear & hallucinogen inducing gas has been released on Gotham & everyone is going crazy, Rachael (Katy Holmes) has drawn alongside a young boy who's lost in the city, exposed to this gas & seeing everyone as a sort of demon.

As a gang of escaped convicts gather around them you hear this boy say something like "Don't worry Batman will save us".

WOW!

I thought of how we as Christians are to have our hope in Christ at all times - we are told to be anxious in nothing. Anyway, enough said, I thought it was a brilliant pointer to faith in a redeemer even at the worst of times.
Fortunately Jesus is not fictional, and is in fact God the Son, and so is a far greater saviour than any comic book hero.

Psalm 121:1-2
"I will lift up my eyes to the hills
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth."
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: