Saturday 21 June 2008

Wycliffe's Bible

0
I just finished reading a book by Ambassador' 'John Wycliffe Man of Courage. I fully enjoyed this book as an introduction to Wycliffe, its quite short (111 pages) so good for any 'non-readers' out there.
It gave an extract from Wycliffe's translation that I enjoyed deciphering, what do you think?

John 14:1-4
"Be not youre herte afraied, ne drede it; ye bileuen in God, and bileue ye in me. In the hous of my fadir ben many dwellyngis; if ony thing lesse, Y hadde seid to you, for Y go to make redi to you a place. And if Y go, and make redi to you a place, eftsoones Y come, and Y schal take you to my silf, that where Y am, ye be. And whirdur Y go, ye witen, and ye witen the weie."
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: