Friday 20 June 2008

Questions raised by time with my son?

0
Yesterday I noticed that wherever I went in the house Jacob followed me. Anyway I began marching around the house with him, closely behind laughing like a crazy fool as he stomped in imitation of me. At one stage he laughed so much that he leaned his head backward and fell, but I guess he was enjoying himself too much to worry and soon got up & marched again.

We spent about 30 mins doing this, sometimes I'd lead, sometimes he would, but it was fun to see him simply enjoy himself. Then we turned to some toys & books before I gave him his tea.

I love these times with him & I think he delights in me as much as I delight in him.
But here's the question:
Does my walk, with my Heavenly Father look in anyway similar?
Do I delight to spend time walking with Him, enjoying Him & just enjoying time doing things with Him?

And when we're frightened or suffering would we like later last night when Jacob woke from his sleep in a dark room (thanks to a blackout blind) with the pain of teething, only settle & relax when we are lifted & comforted by our Father?


Does the Holy Spirits cry of 'Abba Father' have ripple effect through our lives?



[By the way Jacob is in the Lisburn Star- just look for the cutest baby - but you can vote for him by using the wee slip in the paper.]
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: