Monday 5 December 2011

Bedtime Prayer Can Become Boring Habits

0

A very good friend called with me on Sunday. As we chatted my family arrived home and so we moved to borrow my sons bedroom for prayer. Jacob crept in as we read the Scriptures and then stayed quietly for the duration of our prayers.

Later when i put him to bed he asked if i'd pray with him as i had with my friend. I asked him what he meant since i pray with him every night before bed, but he couldn't quite say what he meant other than to give me a general idea that he meant the fervency and specificness of my earlier prayers.

I guess my prayers before bed with Jacob have recently become rushed and somewhat habitual more than real heart felt cries to the Father.


Gotta stoke it up a notch within my own soul cause evidence seems to point that this will stoke up my family over Christ . . .
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: