Monday 24 August 2009

Make me Know How Fleeting i am

0

I'm not entirely sure many of us would fancy praying the prayer that David prayed in Ps39:4

"O Lord, make me know my end
and what is the measure of my days;
let me know how fleeting I am!"



After praying this David explores it further in the next verses:

"Behold, you have made my days a few hand breadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath!

Surely a man goes about as a shadow! Surely for nothing they are in turmoil; man heaps up wealth and does not know who will spend it!"


This is definitely a prayer worth considering the next time we bow our knee!
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: