Thursday 25 June 2009

Walking with God while you walk - Guest Blog - Gary Bolton

4
Gary Bolton is the Mission Representative of Every Home Crusade/Revival Movemet Association. Not only does he have a great 1st name but Gary is one of the best preacher/teachers i've heard in N.Ireland. I've enjoyed over 10 years of knowing him & learning from him & i trust that in this short post you find helpful advice for your own walk with Christ.


Walking with God while you walk
Most of us struggle with consistency. We are all great at starting things only to give up after months, weeks or even days! Two areas of life we are often inconsistent with are:

1. A regular exercise program.

2. A regular prayer time.

Well, now that the bright nights have truly arrived we can use these summer months to improve in both of these areas simultaneously; we can get out and do some walking and burn off some fat while at the same time we can seek the Lord in prayer. A prayer walk is a great way to build up our communication with God and be drawn into a closer relationship with him. Therefore, let's switch off the tv, shut down the computer and get walking!
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

4 comments:

Peter P said...

Prayer walks are one of my favourite things about summer!

My only problem is that I get distracted by all of the things I am seeing around me!

I try to walk up and down my street and pray for each person in each house on the street, that way I bring the visual reminders that i get of seeing each house into my prayers.

Great reminder Gary! Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary(s),

Sounds like a great plan! Here in Peru we are blessed to have clear blue skiies everyday and no car! We therefore have ample opportunity to walk and talk to the Lord. Isn't it great that our prayers reach God's throne, and touch one another's lives regardless of geography!

Every blessing in your new role Gary.

In Christ,
Andrew

Tony said...

I've started praying while I run over the last month or so. On the way out I let God know what's going on, on the way back while I'm beaten and tired - I just listen. This works much better then when I pray without running because usually when I get done talking I get up and do something else.

Anthony said...

Too true. Struggle with both.