Monday 18 May 2009

Rejoicing In Ministry

0
The Desiring God blog posted on 'The Main Thing to Rejoice about in Ministry' which is definately worth reading in full.

I thought the following questions from it were very helpful & challenging, not just for pastors but for anyone involved in any ministry & infact great questions for any Christian:


  • Do I rejoice that God, by some mystery to me, chose me before the foundation of the world, due to nothing in me, and wrote my name in his Book of Life?
  • Do I rejoice that God, from the beginning, had me in mind when he was carrying out his plan to redeem a people for the glory of his name?
  • Do I rejoice that God sent his Son on a mission from heaven to become the Word made flesh on my behalf, in order to save me from my sins?
  • Do I rejoice that Christ lived perfectly without sin, fulfilling the law in my place, in order that its righteous requirements might be fulfilled in me by grace through faith?
  • Do I rejoice that the Lord Jesus bore my sins in his body on the tree, so that I could receive forgiveness for every sin that I have or will commit?
  • Do I rejoice that day by day, these truths are sinking down into my soul and, as C.S. Lewis says, re-working my house; re-building, re-furnishing, preparing me for greater works ahead and ultimately for a greater Kingdom ahead.
  • Do I rejoice in counting everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord who is bringing me to God?

  • Author Image

    About Boaly
    Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

    No comments: