Tuesday 10 February 2009

Countries of Persecution

2
Open Doors have released their World Watch List 2009 giving details of the top 50 countries where Christians are persecuted.

It's interesting to read through the list, but knowing that Every Home Crusade ships containers of Gospels & other literature into many of the countries on the list once again thrills me that I'm permitted to be a part of EHC.

Thanks to Open Doors for providing the list for us all so that we can pray for these countries.
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

2 comments:

heartafire said...

I received the wonderful literature and books from you, Gary, and am devouring them. What very moving stories by people whose lives have been transformed by this ministry.

It makes me so sad, too, for how things are in this country (the U.S.)

Everyone has access to so much Christian literature, tracts, and Bibles, and yet, it is not of any interest to so many. And in fact, it is offensive to many people for someone to even offer to share it.

My own children have probably already received 3 or 4 Bibles apiece, besides the ones we have bought for them, just from VBS or Sunday School, or a godparents' gift. Yes, they do read them, and we read together, but I have not thought enough about all of the people on this planet who are so hungry for the Word; because it isn't a given that they have access to it, they are starving.

I always think that "If you love me, feed my sheep" has a lot more to do with the Word than with food.

It is reallly mind-boggling to imagine people who have no literature or resources in their language, and what an important ministry it is that you do.
My husband and I are talking about ways that we may support it.

Thank you again, for sending me these books and the pamphlets.

Boaly said...

I'm glad your enjoying the books etc Heartafire. I trust Jesus blesses you & thrills you about what He's doing through EHC, even though we're a mere drop in the ocean.
It is a great ministry & support by prayer, financial giving (i'm weirdly uncomfortable even mentioning that aspect, because we tend to let God worry about that) or whatever other means of support is greatly appreciated and we know it is unto the Lord, not us.

My favourite out of the 2 books is 'Like a Mighty Army' - it thrilled me reading of the mission work, probably knowing the missionaries helped. (Also it doesn't have any staff pictures in it to laugh at)!