Thursday 18 September 2008

John 16:1

2
I thought this morning I'd share a passage that I read over the weekend & has since been on my mind, graciously assisting me in my Christian walk the past couple of days:

"These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble"
John 16:1

As this verse has rolled over in my mind it has further convinced me that the best way to strive for a closer walk with Christ & of overcoming sin & temptation is to be intaking large amounts of God's Word, prayerfully asking for grace to pour through it. Pleading that the Spirit would answer Jesus' prayer when He prayed in John 17:17:

"Sanctify them by Your truth. Your Word is truth".

So may the Word of Christ dwell in us richly, may we meditate upon it day and night and may it, by God's grace, through the Spirit drive us into obedience & action for His glory!
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

2 comments:

W. Ian Hall said...

You read LLoyd-Jones' sermons on that verse "Sanctify them through thy truth : thy word is truth". - Fantastic.

Boaly said...

Nah, I haven't. Probably shaming myself here, but I only have about 4 Lloyd Jones book & I've leant them out.
Have to get them back