Tuesday 8 April 2008

Daily experiences with God?

2
I was reading about the puritan, Isaac Ambrose last night.
Isaac was a "strong proponent of keeping a diary to record daily experiences with God."
This is amazing! How many of us really expect 'daily experiences' with God to such an extent that we set out to keep a diary or journal of them?

This reminded me of something that J.I. Packer said:
"When Christians meet, they talk to each other about their christian work and christian interests, their christian acquaintances, the state of the church and the problems of theology - But rarely of their daily experience of God".

My question is: "how do we go about daily experiences with God?" and I guess the answer is something that we already know;
To begin with we could think about spending time in Prayer and in the Bible!
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boaly - Good thoughts. How often do I approach my devotions expecting experiences with God? Not often enough. Thanks for sharing this.

Boaly said...

I think you hit it on the nail there Stephen, coming to our devotions expecting experiences with God!