Tuesday 5 February 2008

Further Ideas for Valentines....for the ladies

4
I recently posted "Ideas for Valentines day in the greater Lisburn area" of which I had one criticism mentioned to me; namely that they were ideas for men.
Now, I make no apology for this, my blog has a prodomonantly male theme (I hope anyway). But I decided to give some ideas to the ladies so here it goes!

General ideas
(If you're married you may be better scrolling on down the page)

Its a bit harder for me to list some ideas here, you probably know what your fella likes and dislikes, go with that (we have simple tastes).

Aftershave may be an idea (pick one you like even if this is not his normal one)

Books (If he's a reader)

AirFreshener for his car (we all know guys cars stink)

Music (find out what music/singers he like)

DVD (again find out his taste in films)

Games (if he's a gamer, oh and find out which gameSystem he has)

New clothes (Again, pick clothes you like, even if they aren't his normal fashion, often girls have better fashion sense. Though be careful that they aren't too extreme)

Give him a photograph of yourself with a message on the back (Keep the pictures modest)


[Advice for you girls going on a valentines date; wear modest clothes. This is Biblical (1Tim 2:9) and will help prevent him against any sexual temptation or lust]


F
or Wives
*If your not married please stop reading here*

This is an easy one, a suggestion that I can guarantee will thrill your husband and make valentines special for him.

Make passionate love to him!
[Forget the card or neglect buying a present, if you do this he'll be thrilled]
Song of Solomon 7:12-13
"Let us get up early to the vineyards:
Let us see if the vine has budded.
Whether the grape blossoms are open.
And the pomegranates are in bloom.
There I will give you my love.
The mandrakes give off a fragrance,
and at our gates are pleasant fruits.
All manner, new and old,
Which I have laid up for you, my beloved."

I know, I know, at first this seems just plain weird, but use some imagination here, throughout this book "Vineyards" are spoken of to refer to the body and generally when fruits are mentioned it is talking of sexual delights. But rather than give details here I'd suggest reading those last two lines; "All manner, new and old, which I have laid up for you, my beloved."

Variety is said to be the spice of life, and I reckon this phrase comes from Song of Solomon!
In chapter 5:1 the guy says;
"I have come to my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk."
This is refering to the first time they make love (and to clarify, they are married previous to this in 3:6-11). This couple, in the Bible, do not have a boring sex life, but enjoy variety and exploration with each other!

My suggestion for wives to make valentines special for their husbands is to enjoy new and old sexual delights with their husbands in the bedroom.
(This site may be of help) [Although I add a warning that some may find it a bit too far across the line]

Or try out a game called Bliss.

A recent comment on Homileo asked: "Name 3 ways you know your husband really feels loved... ...and the first two don't count." Something to think about!


[I feel I should clarify something here and that is; that sex is for husband and wife, and no one else should be brought into their love making, not in flesh, not in any image and not even in thought or fantasy].

Perhaps chapter 2:3b may be an idea (I'm not going to explain it, use your imagination)

"...I sat down in his shade with great delight
And his fruit was sweet to my taste."
(Emphasis added)

And Perhaps you could call him as the lady in Song of Solomon calls out in 2:17;

"Until the day breaks And the shadows flee away, Turn, my beloved, And be like a gazelle Or a young stag Upon the mountains of Bether."

And yes the mountains of Bether are exactly what your thinking - There is no literal mountains called Bether, it is a name that means twin, or having seperation and is used figuratively to mean her breasts. She's calling him to 'play' all night long!

Just enjoy some God endorsed love making with your husband; God says in 5:1b; "Eat, friends and drink; drink your fill, O lovers." Thus encouraging full on sexual pleasure between husband and wife untill your hearts content and to His glory.


[I better stop before this becomes an XRated post and full commentary on the Song of Solomon!]
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Isn't it funny that no one has commented here...
There is a lot to think about, and I know that some of my friends have read this bec. we have talked about it.

It is a great post, and I appreciate very much having the perspective of a godly man on these sensitive issues. There are lots of books and conferences about ways of being a good wife, but it is valuable to have a man's perspective, who is not our husband and has no "dog in the hunt," so to speak. It confirms that many of these peculiarities (for lack of a better word) about our men are truly universal. While it is sometimes humorous, it is also convicting and thought-provoking.
Thank you for your boldness.

Boaly said...

Thanks for your encouragement here anonymous. I've come under a bit of flack about this post but hey its truth & I full believe Christ honouring.
But your comment has greatly encouraged me in trying to be truthful & honest in these areas which can often be a tight-rope walk on the line.

Anonymous said...

Really, you've come under a bit of flack for this post?

It's no wonder the church is turning so many people off if they are afraid to talk about something so natural and God-given as sex.

I think you did a great job and stayed well within the boudaries of what is good and right.

Boaly said...

Thanks Peter, on this i'm happy to take the flack as long as its not ascribed to Jesus. You know if someone has a problem & thinks i've crossed a line ok but don't let that put you off Christ.

In the words of John Bunyan

“If you find me short in things, impute that to my love of brevity. If you find me besides the truth in anything, impute that to my infirmity. But if you find anything here that serves to your furtherance and joy of the faith, impute that to the mercy of God bestowed on you and me. Yours to serve you with what little I have.”

John Bunyan (Works, 1:336).


I'm gald of the encouragement I have had over this though, but again would direct that toward Christ who is the great King who gave us marriage & came up with the wonderful gift of sex.