Wednesday 8 August 2007

Isaiah 65:1

1
"I was sought by those who did not ask for me;
I was found by those who did not seek me.
I said 'here I Am' to a nation that was not called by my name."

I was reading through Isaiah earlier and this verse floored me.
I fall into the scond camp in this verse "I was found by those who did not seek me."
I was not seeking God in my youth because I thought I had already found Him; i'd grown up in a Christian home, learnt the bible stories and verses and went to church as well as teaching sunday school. In fact if I was seeking something i'd say I was seeking some pleasure from the world.
But as one who thought I had it sorted, and had God sweet with me it was a shock when I went to a youth fellowship and witnessed 'real' Christians; committed to loving God, enjoying Him and enjoying life in God glorifying was, as well as having unbelieveably close friendships.
I heard teaching from Scripture above the general feel good stories i'd heard in church and saw these people implement them in thier lives.
And best of all as I heard Jesus, His work and His commands taught.... I Believed!

And now i'm having a moment of rememberance of how Christ put Himself in my life, those whom He used to reveal Himself through and of the Cross which made it possible for me to have testamony of His grace and redemption.
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

1 comment:

Gemma Roche said...

amen brother. same thing happened to me...i wonder if there is a common denominator?