Tuesday 3 July 2007

9Marks continued...

0
Yesterday I gave a breif overview of the first chapter of Mark Dever's Nine marks of a healthy church. Today I read the second, which is Biblical Theology.
I hope I can get away with posting a quote that I thought was a pivotal statement of this chapter;
"Our concern, however, should not be only with how we are taught, but- more importantly-with specifically what we are taught. We should want pastors who will preach from the Word of God, but we should also be careful to listen to what the pastor says and decide whether or not what he says is according to the Word of God. We need not just someone who claims to preach from the Word of God, but someone who substantially does that - who's sermons are in line with what the Word of God actually teaches."
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: